|“||Give them hell for me. That's the way I roll! No one's here to see this, which makes it the perfect last gig for me! ...isn't that right, Kotarou?||”|
|“||Goodbye, my brother! See you in the next life!||”|
–Yoshino's last words to Kotarou in the Moon Route
-->Kotarou's loner classmate, a self-styled "outlaw" (the English word). The other students keep their distance from him, but Kotarou finds his gag-like speech patterns hilarious. Yoshino can't stand Kotarou's flippant and manipulative behavior, wishing to settle the score by fighting.
Yoshino is so bent on fighting Kotarou is because he harbors feelings for Kotori and wants to beat him in front of her. His feelings for Kotori are so strong, that in her route of Rewrite, he becomes enraged by Kotarou's flippant attitude of throwing a goodbye party after she seemingly transfers from their school. His rage extends to the point where he hit Kotarou and decides to ignore him until the end of the route. Despite being a self-proclaimed gangster, Yoshino is very kind-hearted and has a strong sense of justice. As revealed by a man on the street, Yoshino made the slums of the city a much safer place by getting rid of all the bad gangsters. When he and Kotarou fell into a hole with a ladder that could only be used once he decided not to abandon Kotarou. He seemingly cannot get angry at Shizuru and is afraid of Lucia.
Yoshino has grey hair which sways to the back with two then banes extending downward on each side of his face and blue eyes. He wears a school outfit, the jacket of which he keeps open exposing a black shirt beneath, black pants, and brown shoes.
Kotarou's Past: The first time that Yoshino actually meets Kotarou is when he has his wallet stolen by three bullies on the street. Kotarou asks the bullies to give Yoshino back his wallet but a fight soon starts; Kotarou easily dispatches the bullies and gives Yoshino back his wallet. Yoshino is deeply impressed by Kotarou's seemingly gangster-like lifestyle and asks him questions on how he can become a gangster. He is enraged when Kotarou explains his normal life to him and runs off, but is still grateful to him. (Over the years, Yoshino grows up and befriends Kotarou and Kotori, while not realizing that Kotarou is the same person that helped him get his wallet back and inspired him to become a gangster). Around that time, Yoshino had established the Wolf Pack and became it's leader.
Kotori's Route: After the events in the forest; Kotori disappears from school without a trace. Yoshino consults Kotarou about her disappearance, and even though he learns that Kotarou knows nothing he is still angry and begins to avoid interacting with him. Later, their class teacher announces that Kotori has transferred to a different school (She didn't actually). Though Kotarou knows the true situation with Kotori, he acts cheerful and decides that he and everyone should throw a going away party for her. Yoshino becomes angry; he shoves Kotarou against a wall; disregarding the words of the teacher, he lectures Kotarou about how he treats other people, at the end of the conversation he punches him with all of his strength, stating that he will never acknowledge Kotarou's existence again. Yoshino runs into Kotarou on the street when he's talking to a member of his 'Wolf Pack'. Yoshino completely ignores Kotarou until Kotarou picks a fight with him. Yoshino is outmatched by Kotarou's sheer strength and acknowledges his victory. He learns from Kotarou that Kotori is safe and asks him why he had refused to use his full strength in their previous fights. Kotarou realizes Yoshino's love for Kotori, but decides not to give her up; Yoshino then acknowledges that Kotarou is better at protecting her and tells him to make her happy. Later, Yoshino attends the Harvest Festival and sees Kotori struggling to carry a blood stained Kotarou in her shoulders. He frequently visits Kotarou while he's in the hospital.
Chihaya's Route: Yoshino appears before Kotarou and Chihaya where he complains to Kotarou about how he is spending so much time with Chihaya while Kotori has vanished from school, after voicing his complaints he leaves and heads to the school gymnasium. When Midou starts a fire in the gym and locks everyone inside, Yoshino forces the door open and saves most of the students. When Kotarou and Chihaya decide to stay inside Yoshino gets swept out in the wave of students running out. On the outside he takes control of a vehicle and attempts to crash through the gymnasium's doors to save them. Shizuru appears and blocks his path, she makes a gesture for him to back up further as to get more leverage; he crashes through the door to find Kotarou unconscious Later in the route as Kotarou and Chihaya are setting out to save Sakuya who's been kidnapped by Akane, Yoshino appears and asks them if he can help them out. Kotarou tells him that the current situation is too dangerous for him to help them, Yoshino agrees to let them go but makes a promise with Kotarou that when he comes back; he'll punch him. At the end of the route, Yoshino is seen in the Occult Club room.
- Wolf Pack: Yoshino's gang which he established sometime before the current story of Rewrite to help keep the streets of Kazamatsuri safe.
- Spear: Yoshino uses a spear to kill familiars in the Moon Route.
- Fighting Ability: Following his desire to become a gangster, Yoshino trained himself to be a skilled fighter; in Kotori's Route, Kotarou mentions that he is the strongest person Kotarou knows.
- Singing: Yoshino can sing, he may or may not be very good at it. (But a lot of fans like his song)
- Poetry Writing: Yoshino is very good at writing poetry.
- "Mama, peel this pear for me."
- "... I can't believe you found a way to fight destiny before I did." (When Kotarou tells Yoshino about 'La+')
- "So how do you propose we break out of this trap the 'God' called 'Fate' has set for us?" (Yoshino's question when he and Kotarou are trapped in a manhole).
- "The hollow sound of the handless pianist on a summer night may be the sound of fallen angels born in my heart."
- Yoshino has a cameo appearance on Terra when Kotarou saves him from some bullies.
- In the Common Route, it is revealed that Yoshino has a different attitude in his house.
- In the Moon, before dying, Yoshino and Kotarou call themselves by their first names for the first time.
- When he was younger, Yoshino was in the same class with Lucia (known as Asahi Haruka).
- Yoshino has an older brother who he states was a great gangster that got married and had a child with a woman, but that brother may actually be Kotarou from when he got his wallet back from three bullies.
- Yoshino writes poetry and songs.
- Yoshino's gang name is 'Wolf King'.
- In Harvest Festa's dungeon mini-game Yoshino is a playable character and he is also a boss.
- Yoshino reminds Kotarou of a shounen manga protagonist.
- Yoshino calls Kotarou his brother in the Moon Route.
- Yoshino actually does admire Kotarou in some ways.
- Despite his being an easy to manipulate guy, he was actually popular on first year students and Kotarou wasn't.
|Characters of Rewrite|
|Main Cast||Kotarou Tennouji • Kagari (Moon) • Kotori Kanbe • Chihaya Ohtori • Akane Senri • Shizuru Nakatsu • Lucia Konohana|
|Gaia||Sakuya Ohtori • Midou • Shimako • Sakura Kashima • Shuuichirou Suzaki • Takasago • Iko Fuku • Tenjin • Tenma • The Voice • Tsukuno|
|Guardian||Touka Nishikujou • Arata Imamiya • Sougen Esaka • Akari Konohana • Brenda McFarden • Luis • Gen • Bartholomew • Moriguchi • Marcus Noe • Mikuni • Reinin Okogi • Sekime • Tsurumi|
|Others||Haruhiko Yoshino • Chibimoth • Pani & Gil • Inoue • Jasmine • Keisuke and Rikako Kanbe • Minata • Shizuru's parents • Shizuka Nakatsu • Tomoko • Winter Fang|